Orcem manufactures a cement supplement from recycled materials called Ground Granulated Blast Furnace Slag (GGBFS), commonly known as “green” cement, due to its environmental qualifications. GGBFS’s production requires much less energy to produce, and as a result, significantly reduces greenhouse gas and other combustion emissions in comparison to traditional, portland cement. Concrete made with Orcem’s green cement is brighter in color, longer lasting, and stronger than concrete made with only portland cement.
Orcem’s green cement is better for the environment because it…
- Reduces the carbon footprint to nearly zero, reducing climate change impacts
- Uses recycled raw material
- Reduces the need to mine natural resources to nearly zero
- Requires 90% less thermal energy to produce, reducing the use of fossil fuels
- Increases the lifespan of roads, bridges, and other structures, reducing the use of materials and energy used for construction